Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Busiest Bee

Phew!  Has this been quite the (kind of) vacation.  Like I told you back on Easter, my plans for this past week got a bit derailed.  I was supposed to be at my parents' house Monday to Wednesday.  At one point, I thought I might be working on Thursday and Friday.  Instead, I didn't go north due to a potential coronavirus exposure.  Then, the chiropractic office was closed this week so I didn't have to work.  I figured that this was the universe's way of telling me to take some time for myself... 

And me, myself and I wanted to focus most of my energy on working on the house!

Monday morning, I kicked it into gear and got as much done on the computer as I could.  In the afternoon, I dove right into my house projects by starting with one of the bigger things on my to do list- reorganizing my master bedroom closet.  I spent three hours upstairs moving things around and planning where I wanted to move everything.

Eliot had already repaired the shelf and the closet rod for me, but all of my clothes were still in buckets for the time being.  Right now, I'm focusing on organizing the storage underneath.  We have really deep master closets, so I have a storage unit and some plastic drawers tucked in the back of the closet to organize my stuff.  I went through everything and noted where it was currently located.  Then, I made a new note on my phone with photos showcasing my plan to move things around.

It was fun to dig through my accessories.  I haven't used a lot of it lately since it hasn't been easy to get to, so it was like Christmas digging everything out!  I went through my mint storage trunk with some of my novelty bags in it.  I also tried on a few of my hats that were tucked away.  I went through my scarves.  Finally, I took all of my booties out of their shoe boxes and placed them in their new home on the repaired closet shelf.  

When I was finished, I was completely exhausted, but it felt so good to have made as much progress as I did!  I was also excited about my plan to get it all organized!

Tuesday wasn't a super productive day, but I still got stuff done.  Eliot and I spent way too much time signing up for the 2023 WDW race weekend.  After that, I was mentally and emotionally exhausted and it put me into a funk.  I didn't feel like cleaning or organizing, so instead I spent most of the afternoon browsing and researching on Pinterest and working on blog posts.  Later in the afternoon, physical exhaustion overcame me so I took a nap since the Sharks had a late game.  Then, I spent the evening doing a bit of computer work and watching the game with Eliot.

Wednesday I took most of the day off to rest.  My allergies have been starting to act up so I took the day to relax and recuperate.  However, I did continue with Monday's organizational plan for my closet and master bedroom.  I found my old note on my laptop of how I'd originally organized everything and I copied it into a new one.  Then, I took my new note from Monday and combined them into a comprehensive plan.

Later in the day Wednesday, I felt a bit better so I at least got some cleaning done in the kitchen.  Then, Eliot and I spent the evening working on orders for our businesses.

Thursday I got a lot of computer work done during the first half of the day.  Later in the afternoon, I went upstairs to work on the master bedroom some more.  I didn't feel like tearing apart the closet area again, so instead I worked on my vanity area.  A lot of that stuff has piled up over the years, and I really needed to go through it.  I want to make a game plan on organizing that area, decorating it and making my vision come to life; so I spent a few hours going through everything to get an idea of what I need to do.

One of my bigger plans is to reorganize all of my jewelry.  When Eliot and I lived in our apartment in Woburn and then our rental house, I had most of my stuff well organized, but since we've moved into our home, I haven't gone through everything.  I have also acquired more jewelry and accessories since then.  I've got a loose game plan to get them all organized so I can get to them easily.  I also bought a jewelry closet mirror to put a lot of it in!  I'm hoping that will make it organized and easily accessible!

Thursday evening, I worked on some business things, wrote a little more for my blog, and crossed a few more things off of my to do list.  The Sharks had another late game, so Eliot and I spent the rest of the evening watching that before bedtime.

Friday morning, I started my morning by signing up for the 2023 Walt Disney World virtual marathon.  After that, I spent the rest of the morning working on upcoming blog posts and other computer work.  Around 1:00 pm, I was ready to shift gears... 

I spent the afternoon Friday organizing in our master bedroom.  I primarily focused on my closet, but I moved a bunch of stuff around.  I made the changes that I'd noted on my organizational plan and I moved a few things around to accomplish that.  Once I was happy with how the bottom part of my closet looked, I started to tackle hanging my clothes back up.  The bottom part of the closet isn't completely organized yet, but I figure that I can always take the clothes back out if I have to! 

Time was passing by as I kept hanging stuff up and gradually moving things around.  I took about an hour off from 3:00-4:00 to eat a late lunch and take a break, then I dove right back in.  By 6:00 pm, all of the dresses in the containers I'd stored them in were hung back up.  At this point, I was really happy with everything that I'd accomplished, and I was starting to get tired.  I decided to call it a day.

After calling Eliot to check in, I completely crashed.  I moved everything that I'd put on my side of the bed so there was enough room for me, and I got under the covers and took a nap.  I guess staying up until 4:00 am for the Main Street Electrical Parade merchandise drop caught up to me after only getting about 5 hours of sleep!

I woke up feeling rested and crawled out of bed at 8:00 pm.  After admiring my hard work from the afternoon, I made my way downstairs.  I had a snack and watched some television.  Then, I spent the evening working on my blog while Eliot stayed late at work to get some stuff done.  Eliot got home around 11:00 pm with dinner and we spent the rest of our night watching a Hallmark movie before it was time to go to bed.

Saturday morning, Eliot and I deviated from our usual plans a tiny bit.  We were both completely exhausted, so we skipped our usual trip to the post office.  We picked up the routine with the part where Eliot went to the grocery store and to Dunkin Donuts to get us breakfast.  When he got home, we watched A Million Little Things while eating.

After that, we decided it was time to tackle the dining room.  It's been a disaster for a while now, and we've both wanted to work on it.  The dining room is my workshop area and I've let things pile up more than they should have.  We're still working on moving everything from the dining room into my office.  We spent the afternoon tidying up and going through things.  We also loaded up two containers worth of holiday stuff to put away!  It's still a work in progress, but it'll be more manageable moving forward!

Late in the afternoon, my hip was really bothering me so I went upstairs to lay down for a bit.  Eliot came up and gave me a back rub to help relax my muscles.  It must have worked because I fell asleep and woke up about an hour or so later.  It wasn't a long nap, but I definitely felt less sore and very refreshed afterwards!

I came downstairs to find Eliot out on the porch working out with his Oculus.  He was just finishing up.  We were both really hungry so he went to get us something for dinner at Subway.  By the time he got back, the 8:00 pm Sharks game was starting so we spent the evening watching our boys play their 2nd to last home game of the season.

After the game was over, we watched the new Hallmark movie that I'd recorded on the DVR.  Once that ended, it was about 1:30 in the morning so we decided to call it a night.  Eliot started up the 3D printers and we went to bed.

This morning started a bit lazy as we slept in way past when we should have.  Usually, I'd feel guilty about it, but I didn't since I'd had a super productive week.  Today, I'll be working on a few things for our businesses and helping Eliot with a few small house projects... but I'll mostly be resting up for the week ahead.

This upcoming week is going to be a bit insane.  I have my last spring sewing class on Tuesday.  Thursday and Friday I'm working at the office.  I just found out yesterday that the new office manager is going to be training on both of my work days and my boss wanted someone there to watch her remote computer session.  So now I'm working a few extra hours than I planned.  On top of that, the Maine Mariners have their first home playoff games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Eliot and I are planning to go to the weekday games since this weekend is the event my family is coming for!

As you can see, this upcoming week is going to be a pretty busy one.  I'll basically be gone all day both Thursday and Friday between work and the hockey games.  I'm also not 100% sure if I'll be needed in May to help with training at the office.  That's why I was so concerned with focusing on the house this past week.  I thought that I would be more mentally prepared for whatever is thrown at me if I felt like I'd utilized this "week off" to make some forward progress on my personal goals.

Thankfully, I got quite a bit completed this week!  I still have a lot of stuff to do, but I'm really happy with what I did get done.  I wanted to end this "vacation" week feeling like I had accomplished something and I definitely achieved that!  I felt like the busiest bee buzzing around juggling everything.  Hopefully, I can ride this momentum when I start to refocus my energy towards working on the house again in May!!!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment